What You’ll Do
- Taste some of Hanoi’s best street food
- Tour local markets and sample traditional Vietnamese ingredients
- Learn about Hanoi’s world-renowned food scene from your expert local guide
- Sip local coffee at a historic Hanoi café
- Enjoy a hands-on cooking class
What to Expect
Hanoi is the birthplace of many quintessential Vietnamese dishes, and the city is often cited as one of the world’s great food capitals. It is also a street food lover’s paradise, with a plethora of options for those who want to eat like a local. However, while dining on the street sounds tempting and adventurous, it can be intimidating. Let your expert guide introduce you to Hanoi’s most savory delicacies as you visit the street carts and market stalls of the Old Quarter.
The tour begins with an introduction to the local food scene over a hearty bowl of pho bo, a savory beef noodle soup and the most popular of Hanoi’s street foods. Then it’s off to bustling Chau Long Market where your guide will explain the regional produce and encourage you to taste some of the more exotic ingredients.
Stop for shrimp in Tay Ho. Visit one of the city’s best bun cha stalls, then stop for coffee at historic Cafe Duy Tri. Then return to the Hanoi Cooking Center and learn to prepare black sesame, peanut and coconut sweet soup during a hands-on cooking class. End your day by relaxing in the courtyard with Vietnamese coffee and receive special parting gifts.
- Welcome cup of La Han tea
- One bottle of Laska water for the tour
- Tour of Chau Long Market
- Visits to a minimum of 4 Hanoi eateries
- All food and beverages
- Cooking class
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Take home gift
What’s Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- Personal expenses